In 2004 Rinpoche asked members of the Amitabha Foundation to try to find out why so many women were dying in childbirth. Since then, we have made strides in reducing maternal and infant mortality by sponsoring a clinic, doctors and a midwife, and training families in using clean birthing kits for safe home childbirth. Your donation today will help repair the clinic roof and keep salaries paid and medicines and clean birthing kits purchased for 2016. Please, can you help us now with a year-end, tax-deductible donation? Visit our website for pictures and more details.
- $1,008 will repair 1 section of roof or re-plaster and paint 2 rooms
- $512 will pay the head doctor and clinic administrator's salaries for 1 month
- $252 will pay the midwife's salary for 3 weeks
- $108 will buy a month's supply of medicines
- $52 will buy 1 clean birthing kit, with prenatal vitamins
- $25 will pay for gasoline for 1 ambulance trip to hospital
Or send your check to Amitabha Foundation, P.O. Box 2572, Aptos, California 95001